Lacie here, the Valley Fitness Challenge Leader. In times like these, fitness keeps me grounded. It’s something I can control. I get to move my body and control what I eat (and I stress eat) – so I need this challenge. Help me stay accountable, and I will help you. The buddy system is historic in its ability to keep people moving, and I ask you to grab a buddy or find a new one here and let’s make the next few weeks the best we can.
The challenge starts Friday, March 27th. It will go through the end of quarantine! Once the gym opens, the challenge will be done.
I will have prizes, but I am still working on what they will be! Please remember, only people who register online for the challenge will be eligible for the prizes! Sign up at www.trvcc.org
Rules: We will have daily fitness challenges, as well as nutrition.
Each day we will shoot for:
- 10,000 steps/day.
- Half our body weight in oz, in water. An example, I weigh 160 lbs, I will try to drink 80oz of water each day.
- Track your food. I highly recommend myfitnesspal, but there are so many others. I don’t care which way you do it, log it. 🙂
- Healthy Meal. You must post one healthy meal that you are eating.
- Fitness challenge of the day. In the past, we have had a challenge per week, but this time – we will have a challenge per day. They will be posted below.
If you complete all of the 5 items mentioned above, you get the 1 point for the day. You must post an accountability picture or email to me, each day to get the point.
- Plank Challenge (3/27)
- Squat Challenge
- 5k Challenge
- Burpee Challenge
- Jump Rope Challenge
- Push Up Challenge
- Ab Challenge
- Fitness Class Challenge (online)
- Jumping Jack Challenge
- Wall Sit Challenge(4/6)
This challenge will be extended if the TRVCC doesn’t open by 4/6 🙂
If you have questions or concerns, please contact me.
[email protected] or call the center and leave me a message.