This position supports the work of TRVCC, a nonprofit, committed to inspiring healthy lives, connecting people together, and sustaining our future. Under the guidance of the Executive Director, the Director of Operations is responsible for the organization, delivery, and quality of TRVCC program(s) to the membership, program participants, and TRVCC community. In addition, the Director of Operations is responsible for the administrative tasks related to operations: facility operations, human resources, risk management and best practices, financial operations, facilities and equipment, collaborative community efforts and staff supervision and mentoring, campaign involvement, grants, and planning. This position will help with the overall operations of TRVCC.
- Assume management responsibilities of the organization in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Oversee all daily operations at both facilities:
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of TRVCC operations.
- Ensure staff is performing daily operations and facilities are operating to highest potential.
- Supervise Facility and Equipment Manager and part-time front desk employees and all volunteers.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Recruit, hire, and train new front desk assistants.
- Assist the Executive Director and Director of Programs in scheduling front desk and program assistants.
- Procure supplies and materials for the purpose of maintaining availability of required items.
- Coordinate use of facilities for program activities and events.
- Respond to all member and community inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Promote an open, honest, inclusive and enjoyable work environment.
- Oversee Human Resource Management:
- Lead human resource management efforts including: promotion of open positions (when vacant), assist in hiring process, process hiring paperwork, train new hires, and maintain employee files.
- Monitor and update all required staff certifications.
- Develop and enforce employee policies and procedures.
- Recruit, train, and mentor part-time staff.
- Conduct performance reviews with staff (if applicable).
- Address concerns and seek resolutions.
- Assist with Financial Operations:
- Oversee deposits, credit card imports, bills, ect.
- Assist with meeting fiscal goals. Balance budget and monthly reconciliation.
- Assist with donations. This includes but is not limited to enter donations into donor data base, donor thank you letters, and monthly ACH donations.
- Assist in the Annual Report publication.
- Assist and fundraising efforts including but not limited to annual campaign, WYOGIVES, and Giving Tuesday.
- Information Technology support
- Website design and maintenance. Ensure the website is up to date every week.
- Ensure RecDesk and keyless entry (KISI) are functioning properly. Train and mentor staff on the use of these programs.
- Checking computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards, etc.) to ensure functionality.
- Installing and configuring appropriate software and functions.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Email Administrator
- Help senior members with technology questions and concerns.
All Directors are expected to fulfill the following functions:
- Assist in fund-raising activities and special events.
- Assist with committees.
- Advocate and promote the TRVCC mission and core values.
- Provide customer service to TRVCC users (ensuring signing in, answering the telephone, communicating correct TRVCC information, etc.).
- Open and close the facility if needed.
- Provide laundry service.
- Monitor all users in and around work areas for the purpose of preventing injuries and ensuring site safety.
- Perform light clean-up work around facility for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe, attractive environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit (this includes early morning, evening and/or weekend work).
- This position will have evening hours and weekend hours that will be mandatory to work to carry out programming.
- Provide CPR/First Aid if needed.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Education: Possess a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or have experience in a related field.
- Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, members, and the general public.
- Technical Skills: Ability to apply basic computer and mathematical skills to program development, management, and appraisal. Technical skills that include website development, data processing, and QuickBooks.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and work through situations of varying gravity.
Strong leadership skills and abilities; Adapting to changing work priorities; communicating and providing customer service when needed to all TRVCC users; meeting deadlines and schedules; working as part of a team; and work with constant interruptions.
Certificates & Licenses
CPR/First Aid Certificate, valid driver’s license, and evidence of insurability
Criminal justice fingerprint/background clearance.
Blood-Borne Pathogens Annual Training; Sexual Harassment Annual Training, Bully Recognition/Prevention Training; Confidentiality
Pay range: $40,000 – $51,000