Mission: The Tongue River Valley Community Center will enrich life in our communities by providing educational, social, recreational, and cultural opportunities that cultivate positive values, and good character.
Vision: Inspire Healthy Lives. Connect People Together. Sustain our Future.
Values: TRVCC strives to put the following values into practice:
- Caring: Be sensitive to the needs of others, go the extra mile, help others and forgive others
- Respect: Value the worth of every person and treat them well; use positive language and manners
- Honesty: Tell the truth, have integrity, build trust, be reliable, and be loyal
- Responsibility: Do what is right and be accountable for your behavior and your obligations
- Fairness: Play by the rules, take turns, share, be open-minded, and listen to others; don’t take advantage of others don’t blame and don’t judge others
- Citizenship: Do your share to make your school and community better; cooperate, stay informed, vote, be a good neighbor, obey laws and rules, respect authority, protect the environment
- Wellness: Realize one’s fullest potential physically, psychologically, socially, spiritually, and economically
At the turn of the century, a group of Sheridan County leaders envisioned a facility that would strengthen existing bonds between Dayton and Ranchester and provide residents of those communities with activities, classes, and programs that enhance learning, deepen family values, promote service and improve the overall quality of life. The group’s grass-roots effort enjoyed strong community support and involvement and culminated in the Tongue River Valley Community Center (TRVCC), which serves hundreds of families and individuals of all ages. TRVCC is a 501c3 organization and operates on grants, donations, and membership/program fees. This community has embraced the good work of TRVCC and the asset it is.
TRVCC currently operates two facilities, one in Ranchester and one in Dayton. Both locations have workout/weight room facilities, meeting rooms, kitchen, library/study/computer area, gymnasium, locker rooms, and much more. TRVCC provides many activities and programs for ages 3-99. If you have any questions about the services we provide please call us at 307-655-9419.